Friday 18 May 2012

Foot through the Yellowdoor

Amber Wood, PR Director at Emslie Creative has worked in many great PR agencies including Yellowdoor and Spin Publicity on accounts including Clarks Originals, Matalan and Radley. Most recently she has opened her own PR Agency called Emslie Creative and represents LA celebrity Nicole Richie's labels, House of Harlow 1960 and Winter Kate, cashmere designer Madeleine Thompson, scarf brand Beta Fashion and jewellery labels, Firouzeh, Kat&Bee and Mia Lia.

FD: How did your studies influence your business venture?
AW: I studied Fashion Promotion at UCA Rochester. The course ultimately guided me towards PR and Marketing. I absolutely loved the course and worked really hard on every project. I also dedicated much of my free time to work experience to gain as much knowledge as possible.

FD: You previously worked at Yellowdoor, tell us a little about your time there?
AW: Yellowdoor was a great company to work for. I worked on great accounts and at many legendary events.

FD: Did you have any particular inspiration to start up your own PR consultancy and how did you decipher on selecting a title for your company?
AW: I have always wanted to run my own business. Every job I have had in the past has been working towards this moment. Emslie is my middle name and runs in my family.

FD: What did you find most challenging / rewarding when setting up your own pr consultancy?
AW: Learning about the business side of things. I am an expert in my field of work, but when it comes to the business side I am learning as I go along!

FD: What do you see for the future of Emslie Creative?
AW: Representing more great brands, building the Emslie Creative brand and to continue working with great people.

FD: Who/What would be your dream company/person/brand to be associated/work with?
AW: My dream is to continue what I am doing now. All of my energies are focussing on the amazing brands I represent now.■

Contact
E: amber@emsliecreative.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers